What are the Benefits of Biodegradable Laundry Detergent?
Summer vacation means lots and lots of laundry. We don't know about you, but we are constantly making messes and working hard to see the bottom of the dirty clothes basket again.
If you're doing lots of laundry and want to be sure you're using the highest-quality, eco-friendly detergent, fear not. HEX Performance detergent is a great choice to keep your household well and help out the environment at the same time.
Those who deal with sensitive skin know that any little thing—changing seasons, switching products, stress, sitting in sweaty clothes—can affect your skin. HEX Performance is an active laundry care brand built for activewear (but great for your entire wardrobe).
All HEX Fragrance-Free products are dermatologist tested and found to be nonallergenic, that’s because they don’t use unnecessary dyes, perfumes, or other additives.
Each product is formulated using the one-of-a-kind HEX molecule—a small and smart synthetic-based molecule that digs deep into ultra-tight knitwear—that properly cleans synthetic, modern fabrics (like activewear), where sweat and bacteria get trapped and irritate skin.
Here are 10 reasons to love HEX Performance laundry detergent:
1. HEX doesn't contain any thickeners, dyes, phosphates, SLS, parabens, optical brighteners, or fragrance encapsulants to mask odors traditional detergents leave behind. It's gentle and effective on clothes while still being environmentally friendly. It’s really good at removing dirt and stains.
2. Unlike some other natural detergents, HEX doesn't sacrifice cleaning power for its eco-friendly credentials. Trust me: your clothes will come out clean and smelling great after a wash.
3. HEX is also hypoallergenic and safe for people with sensitive skin, so you can use it without worrying about irritation or skin reactions.
4. You'll be able to use this detergent on all types of fabrics, including delicate items like silk and wool. Be sure to check the care label on your garments.
5. HEX laundry detergent is free of harsh chemicals and fragrances.
6. HEX laundry detergent is a concentrated formula, so you only need to use a small amount to get your clothes clean. I love this, because it takes up less space in my tiny laundry room and the bottle goes a long way!
7. HEX laundry detergent is specially designed to work. A quick chemistry lesson from HEX: Most laundry detergents are anionic, which means they carry a negative charge. But sweat and bacteria are also anionic, and you don’t want your sweat having anything in common with the very thing that’s meant to get rid of it. The HEX Molecule gives our formulas a positive charge, so it actively attracts and attaches to bacteria, truly pulling the muck out of your clothes. And our molecule is hydrophobic so it can’t be diluted by water. This means HEX Performance® products are able to do their job without being washed away. As your activewear dries, the HEX Molecule creates an invisible shield to protect your fabrics against future odors, pilling, loss of elasticity, and color fastness - prolonging the effectiveness of everything you love about your workout clothes.
8. It is designed to work in both standard and high-efficiency washing machines, making it a versatile choice.
9. HEX laundry detergent is biodegradable, so it won't harm the environment when it's washed down the drain.
10. HEX laundry detergent is backed by a satisfaction guarantee, so you can be sure you're making a good investment.
The Best HEX Laundry Products
If you're looking for a natural detergent line that can handle all your laundry needs, look no further than HEX. Here are some of our favorite HEX laundry products from this brand:
HEX Performance Laundry Detergent: This all-purpose laundry detergent is perfect for everyday use. It's gentle on fabrics and effective at cleaning dirt and stains.
HEX Wet Dryer Sheets: Want to dry your activewear and protect it from damage in the laundry? You need these awesome wet dryer sheets.
HEX Deodorizing Spray: If your clothes smell, spritz them with HEX before throwing them in the laundry. It will work wonders on strange odors.
Why Eco-Friendly Detergent Is Better For You
If you’re anything like me, you work hard to remove unnecessary chemicals from your home. Shouldn’t your laundry detergent be on that list? After all, it’s what is responsible for getting your clothes clean.
If you're looking for a laundry detergent that's better for your health, definitely consider switching to a more natural laundry detergent that is free of things like phosphates, dyes, and parabens. These laundry detergents are made with fewer chemicals and synthetic fragrances, which can be irritating to your skin and respiratory system.
They also tend to be more biodegradable and gentle on the environment. Plus, natural laundry detergents can be just as effective at cleaning your clothes as traditional laundry detergents.
Who are Natural Laundry Detergents Better For?
Natural laundry detergents are a good choice for people with sensitive skin or respiratory conditions like asthma and allergies. The fewer chemicals in the laundry detergent, the less likely it is to trigger a reaction.
What’s Wrong with Traditional Laundry Detergents?
Traditional laundry detergents are made with chemical ingredients that can be harsh on your skin and respiratory system. They can also pollute the environment.
These days, it’s easy to find most natural and eco-friendly laundry detergents at your grocery store, local Target or Walmart, or online through retailers like Amazon. It won’t cost you an arm and a leg to get them, and you can rest easy knowing you’re helping the health of your family and the well-being of the planet.
Check out HEX Performance products the next time you need to stock your laundry room. Your body, your clothes, and the environment will thank you.